Booting is a computer operation that is performed automatically by the Computer to startup its operating system software. It simply means starting a computer.
In the Booting, the system will check all the hardware and software installed or attached with the System and this will also load all the Files that are needed for running a system.
In the Booting Process,
- all the files that are stored in the ROM Chip will also be loaded for Running the System.
- the System will read all the information from the files stored into the ROM chip and the ROM chip will read all the instructions that are Stored into these files.
- after the Booting of the system, this will automatically display all the information on the System.
- necessary instructions needed to Start the System will be read at the Time of Booting.
Types of Booting
There are two types of Booting, and they are Warm Booting and Cold Booting.
1) Warm Booting: when the System starts from the starting or from the initial state. This means anytime we start our System this is called warm Booting. In the Warm Booting, the System will be started from its beginning state means, first of all, the user will press the Power Button, then this will read all the instructions from the ROM and the Operating System will automatically get loaded into the System.
2) Cold Booting: The Cold Booting is that in which system automatically starts when we are running the system, For Example, due to Light fluctuation the system will automatically restart so that in this chance damaging of the system are more and the system will not start from its initial state so may some files will be damaged because they are not properly stored into the System.